Want to know a secret? I actually made and photographed this easy coleslaw recipe for the first time 2 years ago. I have probably made this at least 25 times since and never got around to sharing with you.
I think I was secretly holding onto this secret because it is so good and everyone loves it. I have tested this recipe for 5 different types of mayonnaise (including homemade) and nothing comes close to the flavor of the delicious Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayonnaise <—- (FREE Jar at that link)
Easy Coleslaw Recipe
I get asked all the time for easy side dishes to pair with our awesome crockpot recipes. This easy coleslaw recipe fits that bill perfectly. Actually, I am going to make you a list of my favorite ways to enjoy this coleslaw right after you watch the quick video I shot and edited showing you how to make this recipe.
I would love for you to leave me a comment with your thoughts on the videos. What do you like? Is there anything you don’t like? Do you want a lot more videos?
Here are some other recipe videos I created for you:
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders (using this recipe)
- How to Shred Chicken in 10 seconds
- And of course this Easy Coleslaw Recipe
In all of our testing of this caveman coleslaw, we have paired it with many dishes and discovered it pairs perfectly with almost everything. As a family we definitely have our repeat offenders though. Our favorite ways to enjoy this easy coleslaw are:
- Eating it with a Shovel
- As a side to our Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- As a side to our Jalapeno Dijon Chicken Thighs
Armed with this delicious coleslaw and the recipe recommendations I made above, you can have dinner ready in 10 minutes with plenty of leftovers for the week. I actually think this coleslaw could be made from start to finish in under a minute if you were willing to break a sweat in the kitchen. No need though, it will taste the same taking 5 minutes.
Make sure you grab your FREE Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise and start creating these recipes. This offer is only good until they run out. (Fine print – New Thrive Market members get it free, existing members get it with an order over $49)
Easy Caveman Coleslaw
- 6 cups shredded cabbage 10 ounces
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage 8 ounces
- 4 cups shredded carrots 10 ounces
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise 12 ounces
- Add the cabbages, carrots and cranberries to a large mixing bowl and toss to distribute evenly
- Stir in your mayonnaise one cup at a time stirring well to coat everything
- If you like creamier coleslaw, add more mayonnaise or leave a little bit out if you prefer it dryer
- Serve as is or add on top of our Buffalo Chicken Sliders