Yes, raspberry marshmallow crepes. You can thank my honeymoon to Mexico for inspiring these. That may seem odd, but when we were there, Lindsey and I had crepes almost every morning, and we have been missing them immensely. I decided that for mother’s day I would make my beautiful wife the crepes she loves so much. Raspberries also happen to be one of her favorite fruits, so we always buy Driscoll’s Raspberries at our local organic grocery store.
Disclosure – Driscoll’s compensated me for creating this video and recipe.
Now this recipe is broken down into four simple parts, and you can interchange them or swap some out. The marshmallow cream cheese dip is Gluten-free, not paleo. I eat them and it doesn’t upset my tummy at all but if you are sensitive, just use coconut milk whipped cream.
Raspberry Marshmallow Crepes – The Crepes are Paleo and Gluten Free
So I had actually never had a crepe before I went Paleo so I wasn’t introduced to how phenomenal they were. While honeymooning I tried 3 different types of sweet crepes and 4 different varieties of savory crepes. I personally loved the chicken and bacon crepe but Lindsey preferred the sweet crepes.
Once I had the opportunity to work with Driscoll’s I was pumped. We already use them and buy their berries so I was excited to start brainstorming recipes. Since creating these raspberry marshmallow crepes my brain won’t stop spinning with all the possibilities. I am planning on making new recipes using the crepes as a base and adding things like:
Just to give you a few ideas, take the flourless brownies and crumble them up. Add the crumbled flourless brownies to the crepe, top with the delicious raspberry compote below and sprinkle some toasted walnuts or pecans.
Make the buffalo chicken, add it to the crepes with some coleslaw and raw cheese and enjoy the flavor explosions on your taste buds.
Leave me a comment below with ideas for different flavors to create crepes with. I can’t wait to make more and post more recipes for you.
How to Fully Enjoy these Raspberry Marshmallow Crepes
So I separated each of these elements to make it easier for you. You can actually make all of these recipes in advance and just put them together when you are hungry. Or you could just make the raspberry compote and marshmallow cream cheese dip in advance and use them when you make the crepes and chocolate.
If you do decide to make all of these ahead of time, here is how I reheat them to be served as delicious as when made fresh.
- Add butter to a pan on medium heat and warm your crepe for 1 minute on each side and move to a plate.
- Warm up your Chocolate Drizzle over a double boiler or in really hot water.
- Add the cold raspberry compote and cold marshmallow cream cheese dip inside your crepe.
- Close the crepe, top with some more fillings and drizzle with your chocolate.
- Eat as many as your heart desire
Chocolate Drizzle (Magic Shell)
- Add your chocolate chips and coconut oil into a double boiler
- Melt them together stirring occasionally until melted together and mixed well
- Drizzle on your favorite foods like these crepes
- If you drizzle this on cold items it will harden into a magic shell
- Store in the refrigerator and reheat to use