I am sorry… I don't know what else to say. It has come to my attention that in the last few years a few of our best recipes and posts went missing and I didn't know. This was one of them. Somehow, when some smart people were working on my website things got deleted. Bad news then, but great news now because it is back. These Paleo Lemon Bars were a fan favorite and had over 100 comments and 320 5-star reviews. All I ask now is if you commented before, made them, or want to, please leave us a comment and review once complete :)
Paleo Lemon Balm Bars!
Now depending on when you are reading this and where you live, it might be warm outside or cold outside. Well, there is definitely a chance of either of those so don't call me Nostradamus here. Before making this recipe, I had never eaten or seen lemon bars but google taught me that they are traditionally used as a summer treat.
It's not summer here nor am I one to follow the rules. Instead, I rebel and make these year round. The buttery tasting crust from the macadamia nuts paired with that oh so delicious honey-sweetened custard deserves to be enjoyed 365 days a year. And after all, I don't want to offend any food so just go ahead and make this now.
If you are like me, you can make these paleo lemon bars as their own meal and use the baking dish as a serving dish. For a little more refinement, you can use that as a dessert and have it following some other delicious recipes. I would highly recommend something light from the options below:
Those recipes with these paleo lemon bars should keep your belly happy for at least one meal (depends on how much you eat). I would love it if you came back and left a comment after you made these so we can bond over lemon bar addictions.
AND… they are filled with Organifi GOLD that has adaptogens and lemon balm to help support a healthy nervous system :)
Paleo Lemon Bars
- Whisk your eggs, honey, and lemon juice together in a small sauce pan
- Place on your stove over medium/high heat and add coconut oil
- Stir until coconut oil melts and then continue stirring until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble
- Once thick, remove from the heat and place in a bowl in your refrigerator to cool
- Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Place your almonds and macadamia nuts in a food processor and blend until in small chunks, you do not want a flour consistency, you want little chunks
- In a mixing bowl, combine nuts with the honey, melted coconut oil, and eggs and mix well
- Add a heaping scoop of Organifi GOLD superfood powder and mix thoroughly
- Grease an 8x12 inch baking pan, I used coconut oil and then spread your nut mixture over the entire pan
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until your crust is done, it will pass the toothpick test
- Cool your crust completely before applying your topping
- Once your crust is cool, spread your lemon topping over your crust, sprinkle as much unsweetened shredded coconut as you want over the topping, and then return to the refrigerator or freezer, I like mine better frozen
- Keep it refrigerated or frozen until you serve it and then return the remaining to the fridge/freezer