I used to be the self-proclaimed Paleo Dessert King. That was until I stumbled across this recipe which is included in this amazing brand new Living Healthy With Chocolate E-book. Adriana was kind enough to allow me to share just one teaser recipe with you, and it is of these amazing banana chocolate chip muffins with cinnamon streusel. She sent me these about a week ago, and I made the mistake of baking them while no one was home. Don't know why that is a problem? There was no one to share with and I may have over indulged quite a lot. It was worth every painful bit past my full threshold and I would totally do it again. After all, chocolate is healthy for you.
To be honest, when I first got my hands on this beautiful new book, I was jealous. Jealous because I could not have designed something this spectacular or packed it full of the extensive knowledge. Not to mention, create some of these mouth watering flavor combinations. I mean, I have my fair share of chocolate recipes, but these ones are out of this world. Here are some of the amazing images contained in this book.
As you can see on this post, you get to taste test one of these amazing recipes. Just in case you needed a little more convincing, here are a few more of my favorites:
I just realized I keep rambling, I don't want to do that because I would prefer you start tackling these amazing recipes. You know me though, I could go on about chocolate for days upon days. Oh yeah, bacon too but you have a new book to start cooking your way through. Click here to find out more.
Chocolate chip muffins with Cinnamon Streusel
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoons coconut oil melted
- Chop pecans in a food processor until coarse meal
- In a large bowl mix the chopped pecans, almond flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda and salt
- Process the bananas, egg, honey, coconut oil and coconut cream in a food processor until creamy
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the banana mixture with the dry ingredients to form a batter. Do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each to the top
- Top each muffin with cinnamon streusel and bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes
- Set muffin pan on a wire rack to cool
- Mix all ingredients for the streusel together until crumbly
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****