A sweet tooth mixed with the fact that I need food to eat while I go camping this weekend is what inspired this delicious goodness to keep me fed and fueled. These are amazing snacks, keep at room temperature, and I would love to see some children eating these instead of candy bars or processed crap snack bars. Hope you enjoy.
Chocolate Caveman Crunch Bars
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Place your roasted almonds and macadamia nuts in your food processor and continue to pulse until you have tiny chunks, you don't want the consistency of flour, keep it rough
- Transfer the mixture to your mixing bowl
- Heat your coconut oil and honey in the microwave to help is blend well
- Add your heated liquid and all remaining ingredients to the bowl with processed nuts
- Mix well by hand to ensure an even distribution of ingredients and your enjoy life chocolate chips should melt making it a chocolate looking batter
- Grease a 9x9 or a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil and then transfer your nut mixture to the dish
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the center of your bars pass the toothpick test
- Once done, remove from the oven and let cool on the counter in the pan
- Once you can handle the pan without oven mitts, place the bars in the refrigerator and let cool completely
- Remove from the fridge and then slice into bars of the size of your choice
- Individually wrap them in plastic wrap and leave at room temperature or place back in the refrigerator and take them everywhere as snacks.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****