With me writing this post, I have realized I have been pursuing the healthiest lifestyle possible for the last 14 years. That is a lot of time and I have learned a lot of lessons. Recently, probably after turning 30 and realizing I don’t need to become a professional athlete I shifted my focus to wellness and well-being. I want to be physically active, physically fit and have a happy and healthy mind, body, and soul. That is where this delicious chocolate protein smoothie comes into play.
Paleo Chocolate Protein Smoothie
I used to listen to all the advice of every trainer, nutritionist, or so-called expert to determine the best course of action for my fitness and food. It was overwhelming, exhausting, and didn’t work because it wasn’t for my body. Things like:
- You should eat every 3 hours
- You shouldn’t eat after 6pm at night
- You should eat before your workout and a big meal afterward
- You should count all of your calories
- You need to weigh and measure your food
- And the list goes on……..
Well in case you don’t remember, I was bulimic for 12 years and all that advice did not support a healthy mind and body. It exacerbated my eating disorder. After trying all that advice, listening to everyone else, and finally overcoming my battle with eating disorders I learned two of the most important lessons of my life.
Everybody is different and your life’s purpose is to figure out what works best for YOU!
The recipe for success is simple. Have a plan, execute the plan, and have accountability and support!
That is 33 years of knowledge crammed into two sentences that have changed my life. Of course on a daily basis, there will be challenges, obstacles, or self-sabotaging behaviors that arise. That is why accountability and support is extremely important.
The Healthiest Protein Sources I use
So post workout nutrition is important to me and I have finally found an array of products that support me. I use these interchangeably, sometimes together and always try new combinations.
- For one of my Proteins, I use this which has clean protein – Organifi (code WELLNESSFORCE for 20% off)
- For my protein that is just pure protein, I use collagen peptides FROM BUBS Naturals. (code JOSH20 for 20% off)
This chocolate protein smoothie is designed for you to play with. Leave out the dates or add more. Try a frozen banana instead of water. You can even add coffee. All I ask is that you leave a comment letting me know what amazing creations you develop.
You have goals to accomplish so get moving and then enjoy this smoothie.
Chocolate Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 scoops chocolate primal fuel
- 1 scoop vital proteins collagen peptides
- 5 ounces coconut milk the thick stuff
- 3 dates pitted
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Add all the above ingredients to your blendtec or blender in order
- It is important to add the liquids first for blenders to work correctly
- Blend until smooth and if you want a thicker smoothie, add more ice and blend again
- You can drink the whole thing (males) or split into two (females)
This sounds great!
I love smoothies, and this one sounds delish. I especially like the addition of the dates and the thick coconut milk … mmm.
It’s so good! Let us know how much you love it when you try it!
Sound good – the only problem I see is the banana.
Keep us posted
PS Went from 243 to 221 in 8 weeks – no sugar – no grains – no dairy, except cottage cheese and yogurt. Ten minutes excessive a week done times 2.
That awesome. For this recipe, you can leave out the banana if you prefer.