It has been a long time since we have created a recipe, photographed it, edited the photos, typed the post and had it up the same day. That is why we are practicing simple recipes, and this two-ingredient pot roast in the instant pot is just that, simple and delicious.
Two Ingredient Pot Roast in the Instant Pot
Do you have an instant pot? You should! We used to swear that slow cookers were the best tools in the kitchen and could never be replaced. We even have an entire page on our website dedicated to slow cookers (which are still great). As much as we don’t like to admit it, we were wrong. We have slowly worked through the denial process and are openly in love with our instant pot.
Up until owning an instant pot, we had never cooked with a pressure cooker. Golly gosh, we were missing out on heaven. Not only flavor heaven but the ease of use and dishes heaven. In fact, both the two ingredient pot roast and the chipotle lime spaghetti squash below were both cooked in the instant pot.
Chipotle Lime Spaghetti Squash
The recipe below is for the two ingredient pot roast can be served with so many amazing sides or compliments. We decided to make some simple chipotle lime spaghetti squash and we want to make sure you can too. For that recipe, you also only need two ingredients.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise
Here is how we did it:
- We followed our Easy Spaghetti Squash post and cooked it in the Instant Pot.
- Once cooked, we scraped out the squash and then mixed it with a few tablespoons of the chipotle lime mayonnaise.
- We mixed it really well using just enough mayonnaise to lightly coat the squash and then twirled it on a fork and topped our two ingredient pot roast.
Combining this chipotle lime spaghetti squash with the two ingredient pot roast is a wonderful pairing. You can make all the spaghetti squash days in advance or cook both days in advance and just reheat when it’s time for dinner. The two ingredient pot roast also freezes perfectly for future meals.
Those ingredients are all you need. Two recipes, two ingredients each, combined to make one delicious meal with endless other possibilities. We are sure you can expect a lot more instant pot recipes from us in the future.
What is your favorite Instant Pot Meal to make? Leave us a comment below and pin this recipe to make later.
Two Ingredient Pot Roast (Instant Pot)
- 3 pounds grass-fed chuck roast
- 1 25 ounce jar of marina sauce
- salt & pepper
- cooking fat of choice bacon fat, butter, ghee
- Season all sides of your roast with salt and pepper (easy on the salt, pressure cookers enhance the salt flavor so you don't need that much)
- Add your cooking fat (we prefer bacon fat) to the instant pot and hit the saute button and adjust so it's on high
- After about 2 minutes, add your roast and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Remove your meat from the instant pot to your cutting board and hit cancel on the instant pot
- Cut your roast into 1-2 inch cubes and place them back in the instant pot
- Add your full jar of marinara sauce, place the lid on the pot ensuring it's locked and the pressure valve is closed
- Press the meat/stew button and adjust it to 40 minutes, now go do something fun
- Once your roast is finished cooking your instant pot will switch to warm, hit cancel to turn it off and allow the pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes)
- Remove the lid and shred all of your beef inside the instant pot using two forks or our shredding hack
- You can serve as is or thicken as we prefer
- Leave the lid off your instant pot, cover with a splatter screen, and hit the saute button and adjust it to low
- Allow the sauce to reduce by at least a 1/4 or to your liking. Ours was on saute for 15 minutes and was perfect
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***
Interested in eating more healthy?
Listen to our friends over at Wellness Force Radio to learn about the “5 Must Have Nutrition Fundamentals”
Proud of you for serving our country and for all you are doing to make the world a better place through your cooking and sharing.
praying your ptsd is no longer a problem for you but if it is, trust that you will be healed as you continue to reach out and heal the world!
If doing in crock pot do you add sauce at beginning
Do you think adding carrots in the beginning would hold up to a 45 minute cook in the Instant Pot? I love carrots with pot roast, but thinking they might turn into mush if I threw them in with the roast for that long. Thoughts?
i like them mushy :)
A great idea for your leftovers from this is to spread them out in a dehydrator and let them dry them out until they’re nice and crispy. Put them into a bag and take them wherever you go! “Instant Pot Crunchies”, awesome! Like beef jerky, but better, and better for you!
definitely a great idea thank you
Can you please tell me what an INSTANT POT is ?
The Instant Pot is an amazing pressure cooker with multiple functions, it can also be used as a slow cooker, rice cooker, to sauce, etc..
This looks great! Always looking for easy Instant Pot recipes and I don’t think it could get much simpler. Anything to simplify life during those first weeks with baby :)
Bonne chance et best wishes!
Beautiful and simple, thanks for another great recipe!! And good luck to you guys when the time comes for baby Branson! Sending good vibes to you and your beautiful family ♡