We have been on a huge pork kick this weekend, so this time we are using beef as our main protein but of course, stuffing it with BACON, and we all love bacon so we shall see how it goes. Hope you enjoy.
Bacon Crock Pot Roast
- Using a thin knife create about 12 holes deep into the meat about 1/2 inch wide, you need to be able to fit some garlic and bacon in the hole
- Place bacon and garlic in each hole and set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, mix your sea salt, paprika, parsley, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, extra virgin olive oil, and red wine vinegar and mix well
- Rub your spice mixture all over both sides of your roast
- Line the bottom of your crock pot with your sliced onions and whatever left over pieces of bacon you have
- Place your roast on top and cook on Low for 7-10 hours. Remember chuck roasts are tougher cuts of meat so the longer it cooks the better
Want to learn which ingredients are the best to cook with?
Check out our friends over at Wellness Force Radio and learn about how good nutrition impacts your health with Udo Erasmus: