After posting this on Instagram and Facebook, I decided that people really want to know more about my journey. I love how receptive and encouraging people are to my vulnerability. I truly believe happiness comes in life by being open, honest and completely revealed. I hope you enjoy my post and please feel free to leave a comment with any more questions you may have.
26 Things you Probably didn't know about me!
- I was born 5 weeks early, weighing 3 lbs 12 ounces and spent a month in an incubator.
- I was beaten up a lot at school. My front teeth were knocked out 3 times and my nose was broken 3 times starting in kindergarten.
- I started working at 12.
- I was molested by my babysitter at 9. Then raped by 2 women who tied me down at 13.
- I was told daily that I was fat and ugly, I started purging my food at 15 and ended up bulimic for 12 years.
- I enlisted in the Marine Corps at 17 years old to run away.
- I almost lost both my legs on my 21st birthday while serving in Somalia.
- I spent 12 months in a wheelchair and had 5 surgeries. I was told I would lose my legs and NEVER walk again.
- I served as an active duty Marine for 12 years before being medically separated.
- I tied the world record for the highest box jump while in Afghanistan at 57 inches (I’m 67 inches).
- I was the honor graduate (that's #1) at boot camp, combat training, and speciality training. All separate.
- I’ve had 8 friends kill themselves due to PTSD and not getting help (I witnessed 3 of these suicides in person).
- I have PTSD. I have a pit bull service dog that supports me.
- My dad died from metastatic brain and lung cancer.
- I paid off all of my father's debt when he died (nearly $100K).
- The month prior to my dad's diagnosis I found out my ex-wife was having an affair.
- I had no idea how to cook when I started my blog, I just started cooking, figuring out what worked and what didn’t.
- I worked three side jobs in the military and managed to save over $300k.
- My app called Caveman Feast was #1 best selling app on iTunes of over 1.3mm apps.
- My second Cookbook The Paleo Kitchen was printed and became a New York Times Best Seller for 22 consecutive weeks, reaching #4 in the world.
- My most famous recipe is my Paleo Banana Bread, but I talk about Bacon a lot.
- I love speaking about mindset and overcoming limiting beliefs.
- I’m launching a Podcast I’m super excited about!!
- I am most grateful for my amazing wife Lindsey and the incredible friends I choose to share my life with.
- My brother Steve has been a motivating force my entire life. I love you, Steve!
Leave me a comment with anymore questions you have. I would love to answer them!!