So one of my dirty little secrets is that I am addicted to mayonnaise. Not like I eat too much of it, even though that is true, but I put it on everything. I will make bacon, add mayonnaise. Eggs, add mayonnaise. Burgers, fries, hot wings are all fair game, and there is no limit to the madness. I am openly addicted to the heavenly condiment named mayonnaise, which also makes me quite the mayonnaise expert. Given my other self-given titles of addictions, I combined them together in one recipe and created Maple Bacon Coffee Deviled Eggs.
I have made my own mayonnaise and have tried every paleo brand of mayonnaise on the market. I have liked some, not liked others, and then I fell in love. Avocado oil and egg yolks pair together to make the fluffiest, creamiest and most delicious mayonnaise I have ever tasted, thanks to Sir Kensington's. I was already a fan of their other mayonnaise and special sauce, but they have been replaced with the new kid in town.
Disclosure – Sir Kensington's compensated me for creating this video and recipe.
Maple Bacon Coffee Deviled Eggs – Heaven in one bite
Over the years of eating paleo, I have developed quite a few repetitive behaviors (addictions) to food. If you have known me for any amount of time, then you know my name is synonymous with bacon. Recently, I also launched my own coffee and naturally, combinations started occurring.
I scoured the internet and couldn't find any recipes for coffee deviled eggs or anything similar, and I knew the world needed me to jump in and save the day. People are used to eating savory deviled eggs and sometimes sweet deviled eggs but not at the same time. This recipe for coffee deviled eggs will make your taste buds explode with excitement!
How to Bake Perfect Bacon Every Time
Now, there are two easy parts to this recipe, which are making perfect hard boiled eggs and making perfect bacon every time. The only way we cook bacon is in the oven because it turns out perfectly every single time. We also wrote an entire post on making perfect hard boiled eggs every time.
To make your perfect bacon in the oven, follow these simple instructions:
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Place the bacon on the baking sheet in a single layer. The bacon can be close together, but don't let it overlap because the bacon will stick during cooking.
- Place the bacon on a rack in the lower third of your COLD oven. Bringing the bacon up to temperature as the oven preheats will prevent the bacon from shriveling and cook more evenly.
- Set your oven to bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and let the magic happen. The exact baking time will depend on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you prefer it.
- Start checking your bacon at 12 minutes total cook time since all ovens and bacon cook differently. Allow the bacon to cook until it is done to your liking. If you have excess bacon fat, pour some off and place the bacon back in the oven.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and let cool on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve or eat immediately. Leftover bacon can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for up to three months. But seriously, what is leftover bacon?
Maple Bacon Coffee Deviled Eggs
- Follow the instructions for the perfect hard boiled eggs here or use whatever method you prefer. Sometimes I buy them from the store already hard boiled.
- Gently cut each egg in half and scoop the yolks into a mixing bowl or the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the avocado oil mayonnaise, ground coffee, maple sugar, and one-half of the bacon crumbles in with the egg yolks and mix until smooth and combined. I prefer to use a food processor to make the filling as smooth as possible.
- Season to taste with sea salt.
- Place a few bacon crumbles in the bottom of each of the empty egg whites and scoop or pipe the yolk mixture into each egg.
- Once each egg is filled with the yolk mixture, sprinkle extra coconut sugar or ground coffee on top of the eggs for garnish right before serving, if desired.
- Deviled eggs are best consumed within 24 hours of making them so enjoy them.