You asked for it and we have delivered!! I mean really though, who doesn’t love a donut? One of the guilty pleasure treats you thought you had to give up when you decided to go Paleo can now be the star of your recipe box! Impress your friends with this delicious combination in my latest recipe for Chocolate Frosted Banana Bread Donuts!
In this recipe, I bring together my world famous Banana Bread recipe with the Date Lady’s Chocolate Spread. The sweetness of the bananas pair perfectly with the decadence of the chocolate to make this perfect chocolate frosted donut.
Once you try this new donut recipe, be sure to try the Banana Bread in the many creative ways we have already thought of for you. Of course, let us know what new combinations you come up with! The Banana Bread recipe itself is great as a base for a delicious loaf but also can be used to make:
- French Toast
- Cake Pops
You can even use that delicious Date Lady Chocolate Spread as a filling for your muffins or as a sweet topping for those waffles!
Be sure to comment and let us know below how much you love these Chocolate Frosted Banana Bread Donuts. Remember, you are not in a monogamous relationship with food. There is no cheating only choices. And this is a very tasty choice to make!
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Chocolate Frosted Banana Bread Donuts
- 4 bananas (2 1/2 cups mashed or 575 grams)(they can be yellow bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter 140 grams(or coconut, sunflower seed, macadamia nut, etc butter)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 75 grams(or almond flour, macadamia nut meal, etc)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten-free or homemade
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Date Lady Chocolate Spread
- Muscavado Sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine bananas, eggs, nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a blendtec, blender, food processor, or mixing bowl and mix well (if using a mixing bowl you need a good hand-mixer).
- Once all of the ingredients are blended, add the coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in a donut pan and spread evenly in each donut well.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to cool.
- Warm the Date Lady Chocolate Spread over a double boiler until just smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cooled donuts about half way. Dip the rounded side of the donut for a smoother finish.
- Allow the chocolate spread to cool and set.
- Sprinkle the tops with Muscavado sugar for added decoration, if desired,