So I had made a Guacamole last week which was a huge hit to the party I brought it too but I still didn’t think that it was a stand out dish. The fact that I ate it was amazing as I just introduced avocados into my life about 2 months ago but I still felt I could do something better with a slight tweak.
- 2 ripe reed avocados grilled
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 serrano Pepper minced
- 1/2 red Onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 cups grape tomatoes sliced
- handful of cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado oil mine was lime infused
- Preheat your grill on medium heat
- Cut your avocados in half, remove the seed, and carefully remove the skin keeping the avocado as intact as possible. Set your shells aside if you want to get creative with plating and serving
- Coat your grill surface with some olive oil or grill spray and place your avocados on the grill
- Grill your avocados on both sides until you have some beautiful char marks
- Once your done with the grill, chunk your avocados and place in a bowl
- In a saute pan over medium heat, using avocado oil, saute your sliced grape tomatoes and minced serrano chile until your tomatoes are very well cooked and tender
- Add your pan ingredients to the mixing bowl with the avocados and add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Taste test and adjust the recipe as needed, you can add as much salt and pepper as your want or add a little lime juice for flavor. I left the tomatoes as 1-2 Cups so you can use your taste preference on what you would like
- Serve immediately or get creative and place your guac in the half shells of the avocado and serve on a platter
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
This looks delicious! Although the only thing I think it is missing is bacon (a la Juli Bauer)! Grilled bacon guac is pure heaven
You could totally add bacon :)
I’m always looking for different (more difficult is more like it) recipes for my wife to make on the grill when we go tailgating at Bronco home games. My wife loves to grill so I do the kitchen work but the grilling is the easiest and since she thinks like a man I can see why she likes to grill. Grilled Guacamole is PERFECT for her to make next time and I bet she’ll do it since she is crazy about Avocados. The grilling is so easy though, so she gets to set up the TV too along with the Tailgater portable satellite dish from DISH Network. Don’t get all in a tizzy folks, because it self-points and she just screws the coax into the receiver and plugs the cord into the truck electrical adapter. We love the reliability of the signal though as opposed to digital over-the-air which isn’t as strong as analog used to be. Now we can kick back and watch the game outside with grilled guacamole; we’ll be the envy of the parking lot!
Haha best comment ever, let me know how you guys like the guacamole :)
Thanks Civilized Caveman, but…unfortunately you can lead a wife to avocado’s, but you can’t make her grill them. It was delicious though un-grilled…since I made it!
Well its a start, glad you enjoyed
Katt the possibilities are really just limited to your imagination. I dip vegetables in it, use it on meats and salads etc. Do a quick search for paleo crackers and you will have tons of results. :)
This looks and sounds so good, but on Paleo diet, what do you dip in this?