Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi
- 2 mahi mahi fillets about 6-8 ounces each
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cups roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/8 cup almond flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 cup coconut oil melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded unsweetened coconut to taste
- oil for brushing foil
- Place your 2 Mahi Mahi fillets in a ziploc bag with the coconut milk and let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
- Place your macadamia nuts in a food processor and grind until they are coarsely ground
- Add in the coconut flour and almond flour and mix well, transfer macadamia nut mixture to a bowl
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush oil on the sheet so your fish doesnt stick
- Place your Mahi Mahi filets on the baking sheet and salt and pepper each side of the fish to your taste liking
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes
- Add your melted coconut oil to your macadamia nut mixture and mix well
- After the 5 minutes remove your mahi from the oven
- Flip the Mahi over and spread your macadamia mixture over the top of the fillets and press it down so it sticks. Then add your shredded coconut on top of the mixture, as much as you like
- Place your baking sheet back in the oven and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until your coconut and macadamia nuts have browned nicely.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes
- Serve with anything of your choice, I just had mine with some freshly diced pineapple and it was amazing
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
Should I use the coconut milk in a can or the carton?
CAN CAN CAN
Dr. Adam Kipp
Made this for the first time last night and it was amazing! I’ve been looking for new seafood recipes and this one is a keeper. Thanks!
You are so welcome. Thanks for trying it :)
Made this the other night and it’s amazing! Thanks so much for the recipe – will be making again soon.
You’re so welcome! Happy you liked it and will be making it again ;)
Trying this tonight with mango salsa! Can’t wait!
That sounds AMAZING
Made this recipe twice now, and its delicious ! Thanks
Awesome, I love this recipe
Now salivating and absolutely craving fish. Will have to track down some Mahi Mahi in this landlocked state asap and make this.
I made this tonight. We were pleasantly surprised by how tasty it was. I don’t have a food processor at the moment so I got to let out some aggression by smashing the macadamias by hand with a glass. I made a side salad with lettuce, pineapple, avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. What a great meal!
That sounds amazing I am so glad you enjoyed
Can’t wait to try this!! YUM!!