Woo so what a week it was last week. Had an amazing week at PaleoFX with a bunch of friends geeking out on the latest and greatest in Paleo with the biggest names in the community. If you want to read about it you can in my PaleoFX Roundup. It was definitely a much needed vacation for me but I can honestly say I am going to sleep a lot more now that I am back to work.
Well after all that I am posting this recipe because I wish I had made some of these prior to have them to snack on during lunch. We were all so busy running around that most of the time I missed lunch or just didn’t prefer the one option being served and these things are like Paleo Crack. I have had them taste tested by a few friends and their kids and they all tell me they taste like fruity pebbles. Random I know but thats pretty bad-ass if they do. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Caveman Bars
- Pulse until your dates, macadamia nuts, and almonds are in small chunks and transfer to a mixing bowl
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Using your hands mix well to ensure an even coating of everything
- Once mixed, using parchment paper, flatten out your mixture to the size of bars your want or you can use individual ziploc bags and form them inside the bag
- Place in refrigerator and let cool, then enjoy
- If these don't taste like apple pie to you, then play with the spices, you can add some nutmeg or cloves and mix the flavors around. The possibilities are endless but make sure you come back and let me know what you used :)
***Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***