BOARS – BACON, ONION, APPLES, ROSEMARY, SPINACH. By far the best stuffed chicken breast I have ever made, how can you go wrong with a combination of delicious ingredients including bacon stuffed inside an already delicious meat. I hope you take the time to make this and enjoy.
B.O.A.R.S Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bacon sliced into lardons just long strips
- 1 large red apple diced with the skin on
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary diced
- In a saute pan, cook your bacon on a medium heat until it is almost crispy
- Once your bacon has reached that point, add in your red onion and continue to cook until you onions become soft
- At that point, add in your apples, rosemary, and spinach, and lemon juice and continue to cook until your spinach wilts.
- Once wilted remove from the heat and set to the side
- With another saute pan or cast iron skillet that is oven safe, place on your burner and preheat on a medium high heat
- Butterfly open your chicken breasts, pound them down to about 1/4 inch thickness, sprinkle salt and pepper on the inside of your breasts and spread your B.O.A.R.S. reduction to the inside of your chicken breasts
- Roll your chicken breasts into a tight roll lengthwise and secure with kitchen twine every inch or so to ensure it stays closed while you cook
- Your pan should be nice and hot now, bring your chicken to the pan and place all 3 of them in the pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F
- The point is to sear every single side of the chicken breasts for about 2 minutes, this whole searing process should take about 8-10 minutes
- Once the last side of your chicken breasts get placed on the bottom of the pan to sear, remove the pan from the heat and place it in the oven to finish the cooking process
- Keep in the oven until the chicken is cooked all the way through, mine took about 15 minutes more
- Remove from the oven, garnish with the remaining stuffing and serve
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
I made this tonight with chicken thigh fillets. Soooo good. I will definitely make this again . Next time I will add some mushrooms.
Haha it is ok, I just need to approve them sometimes :)
I made this for dinner tonight. Loved it! My husband told me it was one of my better “creations”. I made your banana bread this morning and it’s delicious. I plan on making French toast tomorrow for breakfast.
Awesome Nancy, you will love that French Toast :)
Second time making this! Great recipe and a must share with friends! Thanks for the kick-ass recipes!
Oh are most welcome. Glad you enjoyed multiple times