So I had a friend challenge me to make them a treat that had no added sweeteners and no almond flour, this is what I came up with on the fly and they loved it, hope you do too. Be careful with this “cake” though, it is very delicate when done and I cooled it after baking it to help it stay together, once set though it is wonderful and you can eat them warm or cold and they are amazing either way.
Mixed Berry Fruit Cake Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Place your almonds and macadamia nuts in your food processor and blend down until you have very small chunks
- Combine your nuts in a mixing bowl with your coconut oil, eggs, lemon and mix well
- Slowly fold in your coconut flour and mix well, set aside
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add all your frozen fruit and continue to saute until all your fruit is falling apart and you have a nice reduction
- Using a potato masher crush all the fruit in your pan and let cool
- Combine your fruit reduction with the dough mixture and mix well
- Place in an oiled 8x11 inch pyrex dish and bake for 30 minutes. The top of your cake should look cooked but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the top with coconut flakes to your liking and then bake for 5-7 more minutes or until coconut has started to brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool, I placed mine in the refrigerator for an hour
- Remove and then cut to the size of your liking and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs***