Holy moly what a week it has been. I walked into work on Friday having no idea when my last day of work as a United States Marine would be, and I left Friday afternoon knowing I would never have to wear the uniform again. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank each and everyone of you who have responded to my Facebook posts, emails, and Instagram posts about my separation for all your kind words of encouragement and support. It is really a tough pill to swallow changing cold turkey from a career and lifestyle you have lived for 12 years to the exact opposite, but I can tell you I am saving a boat load of money on razors. I haven't shaved once since I left work and operation caveman is in full effect. I will post some status pictures for you soon, but unfortunately I do have to shave one more time on May 20th to go pick up my DD-214 which will prove my end of service. Oh well, we can get a nice 30 day caveman preview before then. So anyways, I added the contribute button back to my site on the right sidebar in case anyone is feeling thankful for anything my site has provided you (and I received a few emails telling me I need to put it back up since people appreciate me and want to show me by supporting me). So once again thank you. I feel like I could write thank you out thousands of times and it would never show my true level of appreciation for all you awesome readers.
So I am sure you are sick of my blabbing and sappiness by now so we can get to the recipe. Truth is, most of you already scrolled down anyways so I hope you love this recipe. I purposely made this to have a cake like consistency because I am experimenting with making whoopee pies out of them. Is your interest peaked? If you want me to continue to work on those and get a recipe, just leave me a comment letting me know and I will see what I can do. Oh and I am sure I am going to get 15 comments or so asking if anyone can sub the coconut flour in this one, and the answer is no. You need it in this recipe to absorb all the moisture and give it the consistency I achieved.
No more talking, just recipe time. I just didn't feel like leaving two pictures in a row without something breaking them up. So that is the point of this pointless section of words. Haha, no for real go make this and enjoy. Have an awesome day.
Pumpkin Cake Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree you can sub sweet potato or squash too, maybe even banana
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil melted
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Sift the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and baking powder together
- Add the sifted flour and spices to the pumpkin puree and mix well until all clumps are gone
- Fold in your chocolate chips and ensure an even distribution of all the ingredients
- Scoop out your cookies in a large tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the bottoms are done
- These cookies are supposed to be cake like so they won't cook like normal cookies
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container for 3 days
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****