After and awesome trip to the Farmers Market this morning with my friend Jen, I decided to challenge myself. Since everyone I know only eats Chirimoya’s cold or frozen or in smoothies, I decided I want to cook them and see what I got. They are delicious raw so cooked can’t make them any worse right, well they didn’t. The baking process slightly made the flavor more mild but I still think they are amazing. Hope you enjoy :) if you can find Chirimoya’s.
- Cut chirimoyas in half and using a spoon scrape all of the insides out throwing out all of the black seeds. To tell when they are ripe, you want them to have the same exact give as a ripe avocado.
- Once you have all the insides in a bowl, mash them like you would a banana
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Add all of your remaining ingredients to the chirimoya and using your hand mixer, go to town and mix well
- Once mixed, evenly spread your batter between 12 muffin tins
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****