I had an awesome roommate when I lived in Hawaii that used to make Peanut Butter Pasta all the time and I thought she was crazy until I ate it. Well for some reason today I had the biggest hunkering for some but obviously my Paleo awesomeness denied that idea so I decided to remake it. There are endless possibilities on how to modify this slightly to your taste so feel free to get creative after you taste it but I promise you will love it. Oh and not to mention from having all the ingredients on the counter to eating it was close to 10 minutes so if you work fast this is a definite go to. I hope you enjoy and come by and let me know what you think. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday :).
Almond Zucchini Saute
- Using a potato peeler or julienne peeler, hold your zucchini upright and make long strips pulling your peeler towards your counter
- Rotate the zucchini with every strip so you can use as much of the zucchini as possible, you should be able to get down to where the zucchini is about 1/2 inch thick. You can slice this part by hand or save for a salad, up to you
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your almond butter, coconut aminos, and lime juice and mix well. It will be kind of pasty which is why you are going to add water in SMALL amounts, NO MORE THAN 1 Tsp to slightly thin it out
- Once its nice and mixed, add in as many red pepper flakes as your little spicy or lack there of heart desires
- Put some coconut oil in your preheated pan and add your zucchini paying close attention and stirring well often. Don't want it to burn
- After you have cooked for about 3-4 minutes, add in scrape in your bowl of almond butter sauce and stir well
- Continue sauteing for about 2 minutes or until everything is coated well
- If you like your zucchini and little crispier, you can leave it in longer and that is up to you
- Remove your pan from the heat, plate this amazingness, season with salt and pepper if you so choose and ENJOY.
- This as a side dish will serve 2, but you may want to double the recipe even just for yourself :)
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****