One of my biggest struggles transitioning to Paleo, was figuring out my breakfasts. I used to eat honey nut cheerios and frosted flakes like candy. Well it pretty much is candy, poisonous candy disguised as cereal. Luckily, Kelly Bejelly read my mind and listened to my stomach, which lead her to create this delicious paleo cereal recipe.
This recipe is from her brand new book Paleo Eats which includes 110 additional recipes to this home run paleo cereal. It was just released and the 5 star reviews are flooding in. Kelly knocked it out of the park with this book. Go grab your copy of the book today :)
There are tons of amazing paleo companies as well as bloggers that have created a multitude of paleo cereal recipes. This recipe for coconut cinnamon cereal is a perfect start and then you can rotate it weekly with some of my other breakfast favorites. Check out:
Obviously when it comes to breakfast, you can also go the eggs, bacon and avocado route as well. These are just some amazing recipes that allow you to keep your food diversified and fun. Not to mention, I know I am not the only one who misses cereal. Time to replace the old junk with this new paleo cereal.
Given that most people in the New Year always focus on health and wellness, I want to share some breakfast tips that will keep you energized and motivated to stick to those resolutions.
Healthy Breakfast Tips
- Let someone else do the meal planning and list making for you. Less work = less stress = more happiness. Do you know anyone who provides such information? Hint: it's me. Get all of your meal plans here.
- Eat breakfast early (even if it means you have to wake up 5 minutes earlier). I used to be a chronic coffee for breakfast drink and it ended up trashing my adrenals. You can still have your coffee, just ensure you get some quality food in early.
- Eat more breakfast. Yes eat more. There is that stupid calories in vs calories out myth that has most brainwashed. It's wrong, eat more and give your body the fuel it needs to function and burn fat.
- Eat more fat. Yes, I am giving you permission to eat more bacon and cook in grass fed butter, ghee or bacon fat.
- Have fun with it. Life is supposed to be fun and your breakfast sets your mood and tone for the whole day. Go for it :)
Time to start including this new paleo cereal into your breakfast rotation. Leave me a comment and let me know your favorite breakfast dish I should try!!!
Coconut Cinnamon Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shredded coconut and sunflower seeds in a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, egg and coconut oil and pulse until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and cover with a second piece of parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the mixture to 1/4-inch thick. Remove and discard top piece of parchment paper.
- With a wet knife, score the mixture into 1-inch squares.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for 15 minutes to allow the cereal to become crisp.
- Gently break or use a knife to cut the cereal into 1-inch pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****