Holy moly, what a few busy weeks it has been. Ever since I got medically separated from the Marine Corps I feel like I go to sleep, wake up and a month has passed. It also doesn’t help I have been so busy traveling I almost forgot how to get home. I am not complaining, I love it but wow I feel like we should play a game of Where’s Waldo with a Caveman. Honestly though, it has been an amazing month so far and I am looking forward to so many things. My App with Abel is KILLING IT, we are still number 2 as of right now in Food only behind the food network. Are you kidding me? THAT IS AMAZING.
Don’t worry everyone without an iPhone, iPod, or iPad, we are working with developers to get it on android and google devices as well. It will happen soon but we aren’t going to haphazardly release something that sucks. Hmmm, so what else besides the app? I am flying to San Francisco on August 25th to be on Creative Live with my best friend and business partner Abel James. You can find out all the info HERE and how to watch it for FREE. I get to talk about nothing but food for an hour, any guesses on how many times I will say the word Bacon on air? I might run a small little contest on Facebook that day for people to make bets on the usage of the word Bacon, that would be fun wouldn’t it?
I got a lot of blabbing done and didn’t even mention this amazing recipe once. I have been getting a plethora of emails lately from people exclaiming that they can never figure out breakfast, or it’s too hard to make, or too time consuming so for a week I set out and made a different breakfast everyday. Yes, they all involve eggs because I love eggs but if you can’t have them, you can leave them out and enjoy just as much. This was my favorite one of the week so I am posting it first. You cook everything in one pan and that makes clean up a breeze and if you are like me, you eat it out of the pan too which saves even more time. I won’t keep you from this heavenly dish any longer. Enjoy and as always share if you like it and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter below this post to never miss any new recipes.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
- Turn your ovens broiler on high
- Preheat a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat and place your coconut oil in the pan
- Add your diced onion to the pan and stir for about 3 minutes until they start to get soft
- Add in your peppers and garlic and continually stir for 1 minute
- Add in your ground beef or italian sausage and stir for 3-4 minutes or until nice and browned
- Add your sweet potato and saute, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until your sweet potatoes soften
- Add your spinach to the pan and stir often until your spinach starts to wilt which should take 2 minutes
- Make 3 small wells around your pan and crack an egg in each well
- Place your pan six inches under your broiler and cook to your liking. 2 minutes should get you really runny yolks, 3 minutes will almost be a solid yolk and 4 minutes will be a hard yolk
- Remove from the oven and serve right from the pan
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****