These just became my go to burgers, they turned out absolutely amazing and consist of like 5 ingredients, prep time was a total 10 minutes. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. I was trying to pair something sweet with the honey in the burgers and this hash accomplished that, I can’t even describe the flavor explosion that happened with every bite. Hope you enjoy.
Honey Mustard Burgers with Sweet Potato Apple Hash
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 granny smith apple peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your ground beef, honey, dijon mustard, sea salt, and pepper
- Using your hands, mix the meat well to ensure an even coating
- Once mixed, make 6 patties about 1/2 inch thick and set on a plate
- They are now ready to grill
- Grill over medium high heat about 7-10 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second side until done to your liking
- Serve over a bed of Sweet Potato Apple Hash below
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat and melt some coconut oil for cooking
- Add your apples and onions and saute until the onions start to carmelize and turn brown
- Next add your sweet potatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Now take some water, and pour in the skillet mixing well and ensuring nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pan
- Cover the entire pan and let the water steam your potatoes
- I diced my potatoes really small so all it took was one session of steaming all of the water off and they were done
- If after all your water has evaporated your potatoes still aren't done, just add more water and repeat
- Once done to your liking, turn off the heat and add the cinnamon and mix well, then plate
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****
It’s hard to find recipes that don’t include tomatoes, as well as gluten grain free, that my husband would like. I’m sure he’ll like this one though. Thanks George!
Tried making these burgers and hash. Burgers fell apart when I flipped them and I’m hoping the hash comes out. Not sure where I went wrong!
These are delicate, just have to be patient and gentle with them. Now they are going to be delicious ground burgers to add to the hash
I googled “paleo burgers” and got this recipe. SO FREAKING DELICIOUS. I hope you are ok with it but I wrote a blog post and credited you with it and linked back to your website. I’m trying to make one new recipe each week and I’m so glad I found you!
Here’s my link to the blog post http://wp.me/pYtEO-zo
So glad you found me and liked them. Awesome post and thank you for crediting me. No problem what so ever :)
Awesome recipe! This is delicious and easy to make.
so glad you enjoyed Victor
Soooo good!! Everyone in the family love, love, loved them!!
Awesome so glad you enjoyed
When I made these I had a little trouble with them falling apart on the grill. I am going to make them again tonight and I was wondering if anyone has any tips? I thought about adding an egg?
An egg might work.
So glad to hear Michelle :)
Made these for dinner last night. When i finally sat down to eat all i can say is HEAVEN!OMG good, another recipe I am hooked on.