If we haven’t told you, or you haven’t figured it out yet, FALL IS IN THE AIR.
That being said, we wanted something warm and hearty to fill us up after we drank our amazing Spiced Apple Wassail. Thus we went to the refrigerator to take a peek at what we had, and then it hit us. We had the worlds most important ingredient, BACON! Then we turned around a saw a butternut squash and proceeded to grab an apple to make this happen. Then it happened and voila.
We think we did it. We think that this should be a meal to enjoy all year round so we can always have something in mind that is loaded with bacon.
Bacon Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 whole carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 pounds raw bacon chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small apple chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon taste bud depending, start with 1 and add to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
Want to learn which ingredients are the best to cook with?
Check out our friends over at Wellness Force Radio and learn about how good nutrition impacts your health with Udo Erasmus: