Do you know the wonders of pesto?! This walnut based basil pesto is so versatile and will make you a cooking whiz with all your friends!
In just 5 easy steps you will have a delicious addition to so many dishes! Including something as simple as chicken baked with a pesto rub! Or using it as a spread on gluten free breads!
Walnut Based Basil Pesto
It can even replace your pasta sauce the next time you want a last minute pasta dinner. Simply toss those zucchini noodles in some walnut pesto! This pesto takes less time than a pasta sauce (no simmering required) and will still satisfy you! Enjoy!
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, pulse the walnuts until they are nice and small
- Add in your basil and pulse a few times to break it down
- Add in your garlic and pulse a few times until everything is incorporated
- Now turn your food processor on low and slowly drizzle in your oil so it can all get evenly mixed
- You may need to stop and scrape the sides a few times
- Once done, season with salt and pepper to your taste liking and enjoy
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****