Have you ever purchased avocados and then forgot to make something with them? And you don’t feel like making guacamole for the 100th time? That’s where this hummus comes in to play!
I had to do something with the avocado’s in my house, and hadn’t had hummus in a while (since chickpeas are not Paleo friendly), so I looked around online to see what I could find and was disappointed. All this meant though was that I had a new challenge… make an avocado hummus!
With hummus in mind, I ventured out and grabbed some tahini! The rest is history! It can be enjoyed with or without the spices too! And once completed, you can pair it with salad, veggies, chicken, and even steak!
If you have any questions on this recipe, let me know below! But if you have a food processor, you’re pretty much all set! Enjoy!
Spicy Avocado Hummus
- 2 ripe avocados cut in half, pitted, peeled
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and turn it on low for at least 60 seconds and let all the magic happen. Make sure you check when you are done that you have no large chunks of avocado hiding in the middle.
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****