This post is guaranteed to make you laugh before you go enjoy this delicious recipe. You see, I made a mistake. This German apple pancake has been the most popular recipe on our website for a LONG TIME. I am talking over 1 million pins on Pinterest and lots and lots of people making it. Sounds amazing right? Well, it would be, if the post hadn't accidentally been deleted 18 months ago…….. and it took me that long to figure it out.
Paleo German Apple Pancake
So given that mistake, and in the spirit of getting this post back up for you as soon as possible, I am going to give you a little laugh. Rather than me share some new humor or attempt to, I am going to feature the original blog post I wrote for this recipe. Strap yourself in, because this will be a fun ride.
Without further ado, here is your laugh:
So you aren’t going to get your typical Sunday morning, almond milk latte hyped up blog post this morning. Instead, I am going to spare you the long read and let you get straight to this deliciousness that has been requested. I will, however, give you a short summary of my day because I just wouldn’t feel right not talking for a minute. Snapshot, ready GO. Drank too much wine last night, slept like shit, went to the coffee shop this morning, didn’t feel like blogging, only had one latte, came home, and some bacon, went Merry Maid on my house for 3 hours, ate some more bacon with eggs this time, continued to scrub toilets and wash floors and do laundry, ate the last of the bacon, finished cleaning and felt better. Now I am writing this to you while I have some contraption in the oven that hopefully turns out well and that will be up for a vote soon ;). If its good, I plan on eating way more than I should, sitting on my couch, and doing nothing until bedtime to wake up at that lovely hour of 0430 tomorrow to start my week. That’s all. Now that I blabbed, let's just get to the recipe.
Wow, I was such a prolific writer with awesome thoughts to share. Good news is, the recipe turned out great 7 years ago and people have been loving it since. Well, as long as they were able to find it until we accidentally deleted it. It's back now, and ready to enjoy again. If you have made it in the past, please comment again so we can let others know about the secrets of this German apple pancake. If it's your first time, thank you for being here and I would still love to hear your thoughts.
Paleo German Apple Pancake
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 apples cored and diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- a handful of crushed pecans
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup
- In a small bowl, stir coconut flour, nutmeg, and baking soda
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and beat well to combine, set aside while you prepare the apples
- In a small frying pan, heat 2 tbsp coconut oil and raw organic honey
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg and juice of 1/2 Lemon and cook for 1 minute
- Add in your apples and sauté until all your apples are nicely coated
- Evenly divide your apple mixture between 8 ramekins greased with coconut oil and then evenly divide your egg mixture on top of the apples between the 8 Ramekins
- Place your Ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 425 and then reduce heat to 375 and cook for an additional 20 minutes
- Sprinkle with pecans when removed from the oven