I have gotten a few requests for some quick desserts, and specifically some mug desserts. I know I am going to have some people that don't want to make this in a microwave, so I added the instructions for how to do it in an oven as well. Please save your flack for me cooking in a microwave and just skip to the oven instructions!
Apple Mug Muffin
Now, you can classify this as a dessert, or a quick grab and go breakfast as well. It all depends on your views and how you eat. I would eat it for either and love it both ways!
I have a confession to make too, I made this the same day that I made the amazing Paleo waffles. So you could say that I overindulged a bit. It's not my fault though, I have to continually taste test to ensure I get the recipe perfect for you every time… man it's hard to lie to myself!! But we are all good now because I am back on clean eating street again.
But George… I can't eat eggs
You may be surprised how often I post a dessert recipe and someone comments on how they can't eat eggs. So since I know (all to well) the struggle of having to modify recipes for my own lifestyle, I did it for you this time!
Yes, you read that right. I made this into an egg free option too!
No matter what you are looking for: breakfast, dessert, an on-the-go snack… this recipe has you covered! So please go ahead and give it a try, then comment below with your thoughts!!
Egg-Free Apple Mug Muffin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted in mug
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder homemade
- Pinch of salt
- Combine and mix your coconut oil, applesauce, chia seeds, flax seeds, water, vanilla, maple syrup and gelatin in your mug
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes or longer
- Add in your coconut flour, arrowroot, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, mix well
- Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes and let cool
Interested in eating better in 2019?
Listen to our friends over at Wellness Force Radio to learn about the “5 Must Have Nutrition Fundamentals”
****Disclosure: If you purchase any of the products linked in this post or products through the links on the right side of my page, I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs****