We have gotten a few requests for some quick desserts, and specifically some mug desserts. We know we are going to have some people that don't want to make this in a microwave, so we added the instructions for how to do it in an oven as well.
Please save your flack for us cooking in a microwave and just skip to the oven instructions!
Apple Mug Muffin
Now, you can classify this as a dessert, or a quick grab and go breakfast as well. It all depends on your views and how you eat. We would eat it for either and love it both ways!
We have a confession to make too, we made this the same day that we made the amazing Paleo waffles. So you could say that we overindulged a bit. It's not our fault though, we have to continually taste test to ensure we get the recipe perfect for you every time… man it's hard to lie to ourselves!! But we are all good now because we are back on the clean-eating street again.
But… I can't eat eggs
You may be surprised how often we post a dessert recipe and someone comments on how they can't eat eggs. So since we know (all to well) the struggle of having to modify recipes for one's own lifestyle, we did it for you this time!
Yes, you read that right. We made this into an egg-free option too!
No matter what you are looking for: breakfast, dessert, an on-the-go snack… this recipe has you covered! So please go ahead and give it a try, then comment below with your thoughts!!
Egg-Free Apple Mug Muffin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted in mug
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder homemade
- Pinch of salt
- Combine and mix your coconut oil, applesauce, chia seeds, flax seeds, water, vanilla, maple syrup and gelatin in your mug
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes or longer
- Add in your coconut flour, arrowroot, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, mix well
- Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes and let cool
Interested in eating better in 2019?
Listen to our friends over at Wellness Force Radio to learn about the “5 Must Have Nutrition Fundamentals”