Exams always come unexpectedly, and the marathon for survival in the conditions of lack of sleep, malnutrition, and exhausting day-long learning begins. Students during exams often struggle to remain healthy, which is totally unsurprising. However, one needs to learn how to overcome academic obstacles without sacrificing their health. And it’s quite normal that sometimes you can ask for help from your friends, relatives or even apply to professional writing help, because study is usually overwhelming. To help you take this path with minimal losses, we have created this article for you.
General Tips: How to Deal with Exam Stress
On the day of the exam, wake up a little earlier than usual, take a shower and have a nice breakfast – it will help you be energetic and ready for the day. Remember that a certain level of excitement is normal and can help mobilize your intellectual resources. If the excitement seems excessive to you, take a deep breath and imagine that you exhale negative emotions with the air. This exercise will help you calm down and adjust to the working state. Set yourself up for success. When a person programs themselves to fail, anxiety increases, as a result of which the mood worsens, the desire to prepare for the exam disappears.
6 Tips on Maintaining Health During Exams
The exam is always stressful. But if you are well-prepared for the exam, you just have to focus and calm your nerves down. Here’s what you need to do t make sure you’ll have optimal physical and mental health for your exams.
- Don’t cut down on sleep time. If you sleep less than your body needs, it will reduce the productivity of your intellectual activity. Because of this, you will not be as sharp as you can be, which is bad for an exam.
- Leave time for rest. You will learn more information if you take short breaks during training. The issue is that some students don’t just have exams to worry about, but also drown in copious assignments during their finals week. Remember that you can always buy an essay online cheap and save some time on writing. As for rest – you can practice walking, playing sports, communicating with friends.
- Study in a group. To prepare for an exam faster, you can divide the questions that you need to research between multiple people. Then, when you meet, share information – it is more effective and interesting than training alone.
- Pay attention to nutrition. To be healthy, a student needs nutritious and varied food and a balanced complex of vitamins. Foods such as fish, cheese, and nuts stimulate the brain. It will be very useful to eat different fruit during this period. They are rich in vitamins and elements that activate brain activity. Before the exam, you can eat some chocolate for more energy and a better mood. Chocolate is a wonderful antidepressant – it will help to cope with stress.
- Stay positive. It is very important to create a positive mood for the exam in advance, which will stimulate preparation. The exam should be seen as a kind of game in which the chances of winning are much greater than losing. Despite the fact that the exam is, of course, a serious test that requires the mobilization of all mental and physical strength. The exam, meanwhile, gives you a very valuable opportunity – to test your skills in a competition.
- Give yourself a break. You really shouldn’t waste time after an exam condemning and criticizing yourself for what you think you did wrong – it is not how you maintain health. Most often, one’s own self-esteem is the most critical factor in achieving academic success. Congratulate and praise yourself for finishing your exam and take some time off doing what you love.
Be Healthy and Happy
If exams really make you feel unhealthy, anxious, or depressed, don’t hide your feelings. Talk to someone about it. In some cultures, people think it’s wrong to share their feelings and concerns with others. But this is the only way to get help and support! Find someone to share your concerns with. Maybe it will be your friend or family member, or a university lecturer. Remember about your mental and physical well-being during this trying time, prepare well, believe in your strength, and you will surely pass your exams with flying colors!
Interested in eating more healthy for life?
Listen to our friends over at Wellness Force Radio to learn about the “5 Must Have Nutrition Fundamentals”